BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Choices

This weekend I realized that choices appear everywhere. They also approach everyone. I also realized that there are two kinds of choices. Good ones and Bad ones. There is not an in between. You either choose the good choice or the bad. Everyday people get up and they choose weather or not to follow the good choice that God provided for them that day. But many people choose do their own thing and not Gods.
The same appears in our Christian walk. You can follow the choices God has given you or totally ignore them and just do what you want.
Lately in youth we have been talking about telling your friends about God, but not just your friends but everyone else. People who do not know God or even the people who sit alone at the lunch table.
This is one of the choices that God had given us. To share his word and tell people about him. Would you rather go to heaven feeling good about yourself that you shared God with everyone around you and helped people understand him. Or go to heaven and feel guilty because you see that the person who sat behind or in front of you in math class died and went to hell because no one told him/her about Christ?
Who is the REAL you? Natalie Grant talked about the word "REAL" this weekend.
Finish this sentence.

The REAL me is _______________.

Are you the shy kind of person who is always embarrassed to talk to new people about God, or scared that if you do they will totally turn away and talk about you behind your back? Or are you afraid you will be thought of differently?
I see it as this.
I want to become someone who is "contagious." Someone who people want to be like or look up to because they know who to go to when in need of a Christian friend. I want to show the light of Christ to everyone, I don't just want to keep to myself anymore. I want to be able to minister to people I never have talked to at school before. I don't want the person who sat behind or in front of me in school to go to hell, just because no one invited him/her to come to the Lord or to even go hangout in youth for an hour and a half. That night that you missed talking to that person could have changed their life. Same with adults. You can have a coworker who is a total jerk to you and just by sharing the light of Christ with him/her can really change their aspect of life. Would you want them to go to hell just because you were to afraid to talk to them about Christ?

This is what I'm going to start to do when I wake up in the mornings.
I am going to give myself the "REAL" check.

R-Reality Check
E-Esteem
A-Authentic
L-Live

Anyways this is just something I had on my mind. And what I learned. Trust me there is MUCH more to come!

1 comments:

CG said...

Amen Sister! I will be doing a real check as well!