BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tales of a Volinteer firefighter

From my bubba: Everything posted here is true.


Well, since moving to Gause I have joined the Volinteer fire dept. and have had some pretty intresting times. Ill share the stories of the lives I've helped save, the wrecks I've seen, and the oddities I've witnessed. Hope you enjoy.
Please note that due to the nature of thse calls and the privacy of some of the people involved I will NOT post names or addresses.

Radio communication madness.
What did you say?
Amr: Medic 3 please respond to ************* for a 12-year old complaning on labor pains.
Medic 3: Excuse me dispatch, did you just say that a 12-year old was pregnant?
Amr: 10-4
Medic 3:Show us responding to **************

It really is sad when someone as young as 12 years old end's up pregant. What is this world comming to?
The fire in the ditch.
Well just as me and my father-in-law are returning home from work we get a call for a grass fire on ****. Off to the station we go!, we hop into the old chevy fire truck while other firefighters are getting into the two other trucks. we fly down the road siren's screaming and arricve at the location to find a man on a lawn mower, mowing the ditch.
We talk to him and apparently the mower has a slight oil leak just over the exaust manifold and will begin to smoke heavily when he is on an incline.

Point of view can be a verry deceving thing!

0 comments: