BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

LMC Campus Days '08

Can u say amazing?!? Before I start remember this. Sarah told me that this brings the you out of you and you come out of your comfort zone.

Friday:
Friday morning Sarah and Landon picked me up we drove to Plano. The drive seemed long, mostly because I was excited but also very nervous. Once we got to the church Sarah walked in with me and we went upstairs to the office. Well one of the masters commission guys Eric ( I think that is his name sorry I'm horrible with names) came up and carried my stuff down. Well Sarah was leaving and she told me to call her if I needed anything. I was thinking.."how about you just stay with me" Once she left Eric took me to the Shift room where I was introduced like this "HEY EVERYONE THIS IS MISSY" I was turned red immediately.. I met everyone and Amanda took me around to show me a few places to pass time. And Then we hung out some with everyone still waiting for people to arrive. Then we played a game where 2 campus days students went to each table and was asked question by one of the LMC students. It was fun! Then next we got to met Geni and Joni who worked with the children's church. Alicia was the lucky VIP person for that day and got to sit in the VIP box (Very Important Person) she was served gold fish chocolate chip cookies and water. We learned about what she does with the children and she gave us some stats. It is easier for a 0-10 year old to accept Jesus into their heart rather then a 10-older. The we went to the 5 flag room (the flags meant something can't remember. Any LMC student reading this do you mind telling me what they mean?) They had this AWESOME slide. OMG it was cool! You climbed up this rock wall and went down like this white board and it had black lights. It was cool! Then we played a game with these little calculator things that told us the stats. We had a question and then picked our answer. and then it showed us the % of people who chose that or wouldn't chose that. Then we played name that tune. I played it with a girl named Lyndsey. Our score was 1800 we came in about 4th place. Then after the children's church we had a tour of the church. It was HUGE! Goodness! Then we had the Church Vision then we ate dinner. We had the YUMMY hamburgers. They were juicy and soft. So good! Then we went into the youth room and we had service "Breaking the Mold" was the sermon. God spoke to me a lot. Jessi is the Director and he preached to us. Mainly about how you need to break down the walls of insecurity, worries, questions, and fears. I really like this sermon. Especially this..."When you want God as much as you want Air then you will experience God as I have never before" That was powerful! At the end of the sermon he asked us to break down our walls. and when we were ready to come to the front and say "God break down these walls" And then the LMC students put out these rock molds. After we said that Jessi said "Once you are ready to break the mold in your life I want you to come up here and find your heart. (Our heart was inside of the mold)" And Just like Jesus broke down the walls in our life we got to break the mold. My heart was clear! After Service we went to Jessi's house and had root beer or dr. pepper floats, cake, cookies, pretzels and a lot of sweet stuff. We hung out there for awhile. And about 11 we went to our home openers house. I stayed with Kayla and Lyndsey.

Saturday:
We had to be at the church at 8:30 and we prayed for 30 mins. That sounds like a long time but really I read some of my bible and prayed and it went by so fast! Then we had breakfast. This we went across the street to the main church and we learned about the bread ministry and we went to give bread to the new people in the Plano area. I went with Mandy and Alicia. We had so much fun! Kayla told Lyndsey and I about how there were 2 guys that went they were Mexican and people misjudged them and thought they wanted money but really they just wanted to invite them to church and give them some bread. Well come to the 7th house they knocked on the door and said "We don't want to wash your windows or mow your lawn we just want to give you some bread" It was meant to be funny and I laughed along with the other 2 girls. Mandy Alicia and I really did not have any luck with our list. We had 6 loafs of bread to give out and only gave out 3 of them :-( There were a lot of people not home. We had 2 people answer their doors. and one person was a neighbor that we witnessed to. It was really fun. I hope we can start something like this at our church. After the bread outreach we had lunch then we went to watch the LMC's presentation. It was really fun! They had given us little things that went with their presentation like an electrical out lite because we need to plug into God. and then a screw driver that was part of the "Tools" ministry where they learn how to do all their dramas and stuff. We also had to dance to this song called the wiggles. It was fun and embarrassing! We had a bathroom break and came back in there and they said so everyone has had their bathroom break and got water right? Once they said water. All the LMC students were running around screaming. It scared me so badly. I was sitting crossed legged and my feet immediately hit the floor when they did that! Then after that we had our small groups and made little bookmarks and we talked about our goals or plans in our life. It was really fun. after small groups we had a small break and had time to get ready for youth service. before we went to service we had another prayer. This time when they asked us who wanted to pray for what God was telling me that He wanted me to pray. I was arguing saying no and He said yes. and once they said who wants to pray for the services and sermons I raised my hand. I prayed in front of like 25 people and spoke louder then I usually do. It was really amazing because I was not nervous. Once we were praying everyone spoke out loud and stuff but not like overriding you but prayer is really powerful stuff! We went to met with Jessi for a short lesson about leadership. It was so cool! After that we went to youth. We all went up to the "Cool" part of the youth room. It is a balcony where only visitors can sit. We went up there so that everyone in this huge youth group can see who we are and stuff. Well on the way down I almost fell down the darn stairs. gosh that was embarrassing! We had a fun time in the youth service we learned about "Got problems? God has the answers" Dennis the youth pastor talked about like stress and things like that. I learned a lot out of that to. and he compared some of our problems to a pet rock. Some people want to give it up but they just let God hold on to it for a little bit then they want it back. After youth we went to Mr. Gatties! It was fun!! I hung out a lot with Helena and Alicia. Helena is a LMC student and Alicia is one of the campus days students like me. Helena and I played air hockey. I won by 1 point 7-6 was our score. We then went on this kiddie ride it was one of them swinging boats. We acted scared. Just to be stupid. and gosh our legs barley fit were we were sitting. Alicia caught up with us there. There were these kids that rode on it to that said something so sad. I wont repeat it on here because I just don't feel the need to but after the ride was over we went to walk around some and then we decided to go invite those kids and their family to church. We found them and the mother was so excited. They were going to be out of town but the kids were going to stay with their god parents and they said that they would be there! Witnessing was so fun! We then rode bumper cars. I almost lost my camera because I sat it down because I was getting something and it was lost for about 5-10 mins and we found it at this game area there were people playing the game and my camera was sitting right there not even touched! It was amazing! The bumper cars was fun. After that we went to get something to drink and we witnessed to some people and one guy said he was going to check the church out. It was so fun! As we were waiting for the shuttle Alicia, Helena and I played in this train. It was fun!! I felt like a kid again!! Then we went back to our home opener's house.

Sunday:
Sunday morning we met back at the church ate breakfast, had prayer. I was filled with the holy spirit and spoke in tongs for the first time. I was so shaky. It was so awesome though!! We worked with the children first service and had tons of fun. We had small groups with the children and I worked with the k-2nd graders. We learned about how Jesus died on the cross for us and how he forgives our sins. There was this little girl named Megan who was like my little buddy. another little girl asked if we were coming back to learn with them next week and when we said no she was so sad. I felt so bad!! We went to main service it was really awesome to! and after main service we went to eat lunch and hang out for the last little bit. We got a group picture and took some pictures individually with the LMC students. I was really sad when I left but I know now that this is what God wants me to do! I have had thoughts about whether or not to go to Plano or Temple but I really think I want to go to Plano. Once Sarah and Landon picked me up we went to her mothers house and Sarah her mom and I went to run some errands. Her mom is so funny! and when we got back we packed up and came home. I feel asleep the last part of the trip I was so tired. We would get up at 7:30 and didn't go to bed until around 12:30.

God spoke to me a lot on this trip. I told you to remember what Sarah said because God brought me out of my comfort zone and I have stayed out of it. I am not so nervous and stuff now. And I learned a lot. while I was at LMC. Throughout the weekend I heard this verse a lot. "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7

I just want to say Sarah thank you so much for taking me to Plano this weekend. If it were not for you and Landon I would not have gotten to experience this amazing weekend!

1 comments:

PrincessCMN said...

WOW! sounds like you had a GREAT time. That is so AWESOME that God brought you out of some things and you are changing. WAY 2 GO!! LYLAS