BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 9, 2007

My Favorite Hobbies

Excuse this picture, I am not sure why the heck the lighting is so bad, and the program I tried using to fix the lighting didn't fix it.

Anyways I LOVE photography! This camera is actually brand new, as in 2 months old. Once I learn what all the buttons are for this will become my new baby! I have used it like once. The day I got it was a Wednesday and I let John use it because it was the "Youth is Taking Over" night. So he was the first to use it. The main reason I got it is because I am going to be taking a photography class this coming school year. Although it is not digital...

Photography has been going on throughout my family. My Uncle Terry, Uncle Jim, my Dad, and my brother are all photographers. So I am following in their foot steps
This is my baby, I would play this over anything. I LOVE the sound she puts out and how easily it is to play her. Since I started off playing Viola in the 6th grade. I traded my brothers double string bass in 8th grade to get her. The people at the music store thought the bass was brand new (for it being around 7 years old) So I got my Viola which was $1,000, a bow which was around $20 because for some weird reason this Viola did not come with one. I also got a cleaning set which is around $15-$20 and a really nice shoulder rest which is like $15. And for it being brand new it has some paint chips in it and this was the only viola that was in stock, and it needed to be strung (Which I also got the strings which are really kinda expensive) they sent my Viola to a lady in town that fixed it up and also put tape on it, so I knew where my fingers went to make sure that what I was playing was in tune (and I don't like playing with tape anymore since I now what sounds right now) but they payed for it to be fixed!

Although I am not in Orchestra anymore because of how I would have to quit even more church actives (like Bible Quiz) with being in Orchestra. I remember getting into arguments with my orchestra teacher because of not being able to attend a concert because I would be out of town with Quiz. I really think that learning more about the bible is more important than playing at a concert (Which I faked playing anyway because of how nervous I got.)
I love playing my new electric Violin. Although I do not play Violin, I play Viola. The difference between them are the E string (Violin) and the C string (Viola) But It was very easy to learn because I also played Double String Bass (Just because we needed another bass player in orchestra and my brother owned a bass.)

Usually when I'm really bored or just am not myself I like to play my Viola,]Violin, and Piano. I don't know how to play piano but I know what the keys are and so I usually just use my Viola book to play with. Or the books my dad bought me which have the notes written in.




I love playing Tennis. I started taking lessons when I was around 4 or 5. My brother also played Tennis throughout his school years. I played with him, and throughout 7th and 8th grade. I stopped playing with the school because I would have to limit a lot of church activities out and I really don't want that to happen. But sometimes I'll go out and play with some friends.

Side note: The strings on that racket are not the original ones. First tournament I played in with this racket I hit a ball and it hit just right to break them. That caused me to loose my tournament. It was a tie, and unfortunately I lost due to the breaking string.

And some of my Favorite Hobbies I don't have pictures of are, I'm always up at the church helping John do anything and everything. Which I love doing, It is so fun and I'm learning how to do some stuff I have never done before.

I babysit pretty often and I love it, being around kids is so much fun! I can't wait to have some of my own!

0 comments: